Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Ray of Sunshine {Utah County Child Photographer}

To say yesterday was a bad day for me would be an understatement.
I have actually had a couple of those within the last week, all on unrelated
topics, but I guess when it rains it pours. 
One of my many woes, was feeling inadequate as a photographer.
Maybe I just want to be amazing all at one time, and when I see the photographers I 
aspire to be like and all their awesomeness, I get a little down on myself. I need to remind
myself that Rome was not built in a day, and neither will my photography skills.
I need to practice, practice, practice. And then practice some more.
So yesterday after work that's exactly what I did. I took my adorable little boy, my trusty Nikon
and my favorite lens and cruised over to the random warehouse by my house.
On a bad day, Brady was my ray of sunshine. I worked on getting my exposures right, my white
balance correct and then remembering to have fun. 
His smile made me smile, and watching him observe the cars as they drove by was quite
entertaining as well.  He was mesmerized by them to say the least.

So here is what practice looked like last night....

 Love that smile!





This is the sequence of him watching a car drive by....he is so focused!











The Giraffe is DELICIOUS!









Brady, I love you to the moon and back!
Thanks for letting mommy practice and take pictures
of how adorable you are!


2 comments:

  1. Those are great Brooke. I know what you mean about feeling inadequate. I'm sure we all feel that at one point or another in anything we do. But the key is to do exactly that. Kick inadequacy in the toosh and keep movin! Love the lighting, colors and feel of the photo's. BTW, he's a handsome little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love! I appreciate that! I am excited to get my lens back on your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete